About the Encinitas Friends of the Arts
Encinitas Friends of the Arts is a 501c(3) non-profit organization, founded by members of Encinitas Commission for the Arts, local residents and a Board of dedicated volunteers to support a vibrant arts community.
The mission of Encinitas Friends of the Arts (EFA) is to partner with the City of Encinitas by fundraising and advocating for the cultural arts in Encinitas and city owned arts venues.
Our vision is to elevate the arts and culture in our region.
Established in 2014, EFA is helping Encinitas to blossom as a cultural arts hub for the greater North County San Diego area. We work to increase cultural programming, help drive arts education (particularly for the underserved), and support the installment of public art. Encinitas Friends of the Arts works with the staff of the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Encinitas, the Cultural Tourism committee as well as the Commissions for Arts and Culture of the city.
- Passport Series: EFA presents events that raise awareness and celebrate the diversity that exists not only in Encinitas, but throughout San Diego County.
- Encinitas Dia De Los Muertos draws thousands every year with art-making workshops, Folklorico, mariachi, and a “Community Ofrenda,” a public recognition of family and friends. Dia de los Muertos is EFA’s most popular cultural event.
- Public Art :EFA supports local artists, arts organizations, and the City of Encinitas, to bring public art to Encinitas, through advocacy and fundraising activities. EFA recently installed Orpheus, by artist Jeffery Laudenslager, at the K Street Parkway.
- Arts Education:
- Ballet Folklorico de San Dieguito The dance program provides dance education to socioeconomically disadvantaged children and youth, ages 7-16. EFA fundraising assists with instructional costs and costumes, giving valuable access to quality dance education.
- Student Advisory Council Consisting of high school students who are committed to increasing the visibility of the arts at their schools, this council advises the board on programs and priorities to increase arts engagement among their peers.
- Mariachi Band The proposed Mariachi band program will provide music education to socioeconomically disadvantaged students, ages 9-18.
Support the important work being done by arts educators and organizations throughout Encinitas and beyond, by becoming a member. As a Member of EFA you help make our initiatives possible.
How to Get Involved
Attend an Event:
From our annual Dia de Los Muertos event, to Ballet Folklorico, our Passport Series highlights the unique cultural identity of Encinitas. Support the arts and diversity by attending one of our events. For more information, photos, and to purchase a ticket, see our Passport Series Program Page.
100% of your donations will directly support the arts in Encinitas.
The Encinitas Friends of the Arts is a 501 (c)3 non profit organization. Giving is easy, and tax deductible! All proceeds go directly to supporting and bolstering local artists in the Encinitas community. Click here to give!
Volunteer Your Time:
We are a 100% volunteer organization.
None of our events or programs would be possible without the continued support of our volunteers. They are the backbone of our organization. To learn more about our Volunteer program, and to fill out a volunteer questionnaire, visit our Volunteer Page.